I certainly always loved pecan pies, but I never was very good at making them myself.
So I devised a recipe to create that pecan pie flavor bite sized!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, continue beating until egg is fully incorporated and mixture is once again smooth and fluffy.
- Add baking powder and flour, continue beating until mixture is uniform, with everything incorporated. Set dough aside.
Prep Filling & Form Cookies
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix pecans and brown sugar with spices, if using. Add in heavy cream and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- Roll cookie dough into balls that are about 1.25″ in diameter, and place them on cookie sheets – leave about 2″ between the cookies.
- Gently use thumb to press down in the middle of each cookie, making an indentation. Roll thumb slightly to stretch the indentation out a little.
- Fill each indentation with about 1 tsp of pecan filling
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.